Which Wallpaper Material is Best for Your Home?
Choosing the right wallpaper is just as important as picking the right colour scheme or furniture when it comes to home decor. Not only does wallpaper add texture, depth, and personality to a room, but it can also set the tone for the entire space.
However, with so many wallpaper materials available, deciding which suits your home can take time and effort. Each material has unique benefits from peel and stick, pre-pasted(water activated ) and traditional unpasted material. In this comprehensive guide, we'll explore the pros and cons of each type of wallpaper material, so you can make the right decision and choose the perfect wallpaper for your home. Whether you're looking for something durable and easy to clean or you want to add a natural, organic touch to your walls, we've got you covered. So, let's dive in and find out which wallpaper material is best for your home!
Factors to consider when choosing wallpaper materials
Before diving into the different types of wallpaper materials, it's important to consider the factors influencing your decision. Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing the perfect wallpaper for your home:
One of the most important factors to consider when choosing wallpaper is durability. If you have kids or pets, or if your walls are prone to wear and tear, you'll want to select a durable wallpaper material that is easy to clean. On the other hand, if you're wallpapering a low-physical contact area, you can choose a more delicate material.
Style is another important factor to consider is the style of your home. Are you going for a modern, minimalist look or prefer a more traditional, ornate style? The type of wallpaper you choose can greatly impact the overall kind of your space, so it's important to choose something that complements your existing decor.
Finally, it's important to consider the installation process when choosing wallpaper. Some wallpaper materials are easier to install than others, and some may require the help of a professional. Make sure you select a wallpaper material you feel comfortable installing yourself or have the resources to install professionally.
Peel and stick wallpaper - pros and cons
Peel and stick wallpaper, as the name suggests, is a type of material that can be easily applied and removed without the use of any adhesives. Here are a few pros and cons of peel-and-stick wallpaper
- Easy to install: Peel and stick wallpaper is incredibly easy. Peel off the backing of the wallpaper and stick it onto your wall.
- Easy to remove: If you no longer want the wallpaper, you can easily peel it off without damaging your walls.
- No mess: Because peel-and-stick wallpaper doesn't require any adhesives, there's no mess to clean up during installation.
- Thin Material: Peel and stick wallpaper is thinner than our other wallpaper materials.
Pre-pasted (Water Activated) wallpaper - pros and cons
Pre-pasted wallpaper, also known as water-activated wallpaper, is a type of wallpaper that has adhesive already applied to the back. Here are a few pros and cons of pre-pasted wallpaper:
- Easy to install: Pre-pasted wallpaper is easy to install. Wet the back of the wallpaper, and it will activate the adhesive.
- Durable: Pre-pasted wallpaper is often more durable than peel-and-stick wallpaper and can hold up well in high-traffic areas.
- PVC Free:- This wallpaper is made from recycled material which makes this wallpaper a good option to use in kids' rooms or nurseries.
- Messy installation: The installation process for pre-pasted wallpaper can be messy, as you'll need to wet the wallpaper before applying it to the wall.
- Difficult to remove: Because pre-pasted wallpaper has adhesive already applied, removing it can be more challenging than our pre-pasted wallpaper.
- May require a professional: Depending on the complexity of the installation process, you may need to hire a professional to install pre-pasted wallpaper.
Traditional unpasted wallpaper - pros and cons
Traditional unpasted wallpaper is a type of wallpaper that requires adhesive to be applied to the back before installation. Here are a few pros and cons of traditional unpasted wallpaper:
- More design options: Because traditional unpasted wallpaper can be made from various materials and has been in the market for ages, it is a common choice for people who want to update their home interior. More design options are often available in the market, but all moose accents' wallpaper designs are available in all materials stated above.
Durable: Traditional unpasted wallpaper is often very durable and can hold up well in high-traffic areas.
High-quality: Because traditional unpasted wallpaper is often thicker than our other materials, it is often of higher quality than different types of wallpaper.
PVC Free:- This wallpaper is also made from recycled material, making traditional wallpaper a good option for kids' rooms or nurseries.
- Messy installation: The installation process for traditional unpasted wallpaper can be messy, as you'll need to apply adhesive to the back of the wallpaper before installation.
- Difficult to remove: Like pre-pasted wallpaper, traditional unpasted wallpaper can be difficult to remove without damaging your walls.
- May require a professional: Depending on the complexity of the installation process, you may need to hire a professional to install traditional unpasted wallpaper.
How to choose the best wallpaper material for your home
Now that we've discussed all the pros and cons of each type of wallpaper material, it's time to choose the best wallpaper material for your home. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
1. Consider the durability of the material. If you have kids or pets, or if your walls are prone to wear and tear, you'll want to choose a more durable material.
2. Consider the style of your home. Choose a wallpaper material that complements your existing decor and style.
3. Consider the installation process. Choose a wallpaper material you feel comfortable installing yourself or have the resources to install professionally.
Choosing the right wallpaper material for your home can be a daunting task. Still, by considering the factors we've outlined and exploring the pros and cons of each type of wallpaper material, you can make an informed decision and choose the perfect wallpaper for your space. Whether you opt for peel-and-stick, pre-pasted, or traditional unpasted wallpaper, you will surely find a material that suits your needs and style. So add texture, depth, and personality to your walls with the perfect wallpaper material.