Do you need help keeping your peel and stick wallpaper in place? If so, don't worry! We've got you covered with some easy tips on how to get peel and stick wallpaper to stay securely in place. From preparing the surface to using the right adhesive, we'll show you how to ensure your wallpaper stays in perfect condition for years to come. So, if you want to avoid peeling and bubbling wallpaper, keep reading to discover our top tips for getting peel and stick wallpaper to stay put.
If you're struggling to keep your peel and stick wallpaper from coming off, don't despair. Our article outlines easy-to-follow steps for achieving long-lasting adhesion, including preparing the surface, using a suitable adhesive, and avoiding moisture exposure. Say goodbye to peeling wallpaper and hello to a perfectly decorated space!
Steps to keep peel and stick wallpaper from coming off
1. Prepare the surface before wallpaper installationBefore applying the peel and stick wallpaper, it's essential to ensure that the surface where you want to use it is clean, dry, and free of any debris. If the surface is dirty or has dust, the wallpaper will not stick properly and may come off. So, use a slightly wet to wipe away dirt, and allow the surface to dry completely before applying the wallpaper.
2. Use a primer for surfaceApplying a primer to the surface before applying the wallpaper can help it stick better and prevent it from peeling off. Pick a primer suitable for the surface you are working on and use it on a wall with a paintbrush or roller. Make sure the primer is dry before start applying the wallpaper.
3. Apply the wallpaper correctlyIt's essential to follow the instructions carefully while applying the wallpaper. Start with measuring the wall and cutting the wallpaper to the correct size. Peel off the backing paper and align the wallpaper with the top of the wall. Smooth it out with a wallpaper smoothing tool, starting from the center to edges, to remove any air bubbles or wrinkles.
4. Use additional adhesiveSuppose the wallpaper seems to be peeling off after you have applied it. You can use additional adhesive to reinforce the corners or edges in that case. You can use a wallpaper adhesive or a double-sided solid tape. Apply adhesive on the back of the wallpaper and press it firmly against the wall.
5. Avoid moisturePeel and stick wallpaper cannot be the best option for parts exposed to moisture or humidity, as this can reason it to peel off. Keep the room well-ventilated, and avoid using water near the wallpaper. If you need to clean the wallpaper, use a damp cloth and avoid using any cleaning products that contain harsh chemicals.
Common questions asked by customers
Do I have to prepare the wall surface before applying peel and stick wallpaper?
Yes, cleaning the surface thoroughly and ensuring it's dry and debris-free before using the wallpaper is essential.
What type of primer should I use before applying the wallpaper?
Use a primer that is suitable for the kind of wall or surface you are working on, such as a wall primer or wood primer.
Can I use a regular wallpaper smoothing tool to smooth out peel and stick wallpaper?
Yes, a regular wallpaper smoothing tool can be used to achieve a smooth finish.
What should I do if the wallpaper is still peeling off after application?
Add adhesive to reinforce the corners or edges if the wallpaper is still peeling off.
Can I use water to clean, peel and stick wallpaper?
It's recommended to avoid using water near the wallpaper to prevent it from peeling off. If you want to clean wallpaper, use a damp cloth.
How can I ensure the wallpaper stays in place in humid areas like bathrooms?
Peel and stick wallpaper is not suggested for spots that are exposed to moistness or humidity, such as bathrooms.
Can I remove peel and stick wallpaper without damaging the surface?
Yes, peel and stick wallpaper can be removed without damaging the surface if removed carefully.
Can I reuse peel and stick wallpaper?
Peel and stick wallpaper is not designed for reuse and may not adhere properly if removed and reapplied.
Can I apply peel and stick wallpaper over existing wallpaper?
Removing any existing wallpaper before applying peel and stick wallpaper is recommended for the best results.
How long does peel and stick wallpaper usually last?
Peel and stick wallpaper can last several years if applied correctly and kept away from moisture or humidity.